Sunday, September 19, 2010

Couple of projects for the kids rooms...

So this pregnancy we decided that rather than going out and buying all the expensive crap we'd save money by buying things and refurbishing them. And let me tell you...this girl has more stuff than her brother for almost half the price!! Supplies included!!

So here's some pictures of Syndrie's room thus far and a project I did for my little man Ky...


These first couple pictures are of a shelf unit that Sarah's mom Kim bought for Ky. I took apart all the pieces sanded it down and refinished it giving half the pieces one color stain and the rest a different color to bring out the different parts of the plane.




And now we bring you to Syndrie's room. We wanna thank Mama for the wall decals. I found myself staring at the room and thinking something about it just wasn't finished. Mama sent these and they did it for me. I think the room is finally done! Well...except for the glider seat cover that's being refinished. Then DONE!


Ky is waiting for the seat cover as well!


I REALLY liked this decal most of all but let me tell you...the tree was a PAIN! haha Sarah's sister bought the basket along with lots of other goodies. The nightstand used to be a dark brown color and I refinished it along with reattaching the marble top.


Here's the little lady's crib. This and the glider used to be a faded yellow color. My friend John hooked us up BIG TIME by getting us the crib, glider, and a car seat with two bases for different cars, all for $100!!


This is the other decal that mama bought and I had to put it above the crib. :)


Like I said on Facebook...I'm new to the girly stuff but I REALLY like the bedding set that Sarah picked out for Syndrie.


And this dresser used to be a light tan color. I need to fix that top right drawer.......I know it really doesn't matter but I'm becoming a perfectionist with my projects. haha
Sarah also picked out all the accessories and did great pulling the room together.


4 comments:

  1. Nice work! You did a fine job, looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your back. I object to facebook. Anyway I had no idea your two were having a baby congrats!!! The room looks great and Ky looks huge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back the room is so cute, I too am not on facebook, I knew you were having another one but I didn't know she is almost here. Congrats again

    ReplyDelete