Saturday, October 10, 2009

Proud daddy moment...

So i don't mean to brag but....ya actually i do. ;)
I have to say that Kyland is the biggest blessing to Sarah and I and we find out more and more everyday how lucky we are for such a great little man.
As Sarah said, we went on a little cruise and left him with Mama and Dad. We felt bad because we had been telling everyone how quiet he was and then on the trip, he wasn't really loud, but he was kind of fussy. Ends up little man was teething after all and mom let us know the first day of the cruise while we still had reception.(by the way, his two bottom teeth have come through already.) When we finally got back into reception my phone blew up with texts from dad about how easy this little man is to handle. haha Mama telling us how he loves taking a bath and that he sleeps through the night so well. She even took him swimming for the first time and said he loved it. And then he was able to hang out with his Uncle Bubba for the time and Kyle came to me laughing about how much Kyland loves watching SOCCER! :) (I told everyone but they didn't believe me) Kyle even said that he was completely silent while watching the soccer game but as soon as he turned to football Kyland started screaming/crying. lol That's my boy!
I think one of the best things that happened on this trip though, was the comments we received, from complete strangers, while flying with him. We heard from the people that sat next to us on every flight, and even the stewardesses, that they couldn't believe how well behaved our little man was. We can't explain how proud and blessed we are to have Kyland in our lives.
I'm especially thankful that he was able to spend the week with my mother and father. You've both been such examples and blessings in my life and i can't wait to be closer to share my new blessings of Sarah and Kyland with you more often. Thank you both for taking the time to watch him and connect with him.
I would also like to let my brothers and sisters know how happy we were to be able to spend so much time with you. It's been quite a while since I've seen some of you. Thank you for bringing Sarah into the family and showing her the love you've always shown me. We both look forward to seeing everyone again.
Love you all!

3 comments:

  1. It was an absolute pleasure to have him for those few days. Mom and I love to have all the grandkids whenever we can, and we have to say that we have some of the easiest grandchildren to take care of. These last three have been especially low-maintenance and I have to credit the parents for that. We love you all.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, Jason. I looked forward to meeting your sweet little family someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW 2 teeth! He's growing up so fast...totally a little man (or an old man). It was so fun with you guys at the beach! Glad you had a fun honeymoon.

    ReplyDelete